I’ve got an early Christmas present for you.
After almost 3 months of development and testing, I’m proud to announce that Dopamine 1.2 has been released! This release packs a lot of goodies:
– Last.fm scrobbling and love
– automatic download of artists biography (with similar artist suggestions)
– automatic download of lyrics
– album cover download
– and much more…
It also fixes tons of bugs, making this release the most stable ever. This is the full change log since version 1.1.1:
2016-12-24: Dopamine 1.2 Build 845 (Release)
– [Added] The last played song and its progress is now optionally remembered on next start
– [Added] Added “Play next” feature
– [Added] Songs screen has an optional column that shows if a song has lyrics
– [Added] Possibility to re-order songs by drag and drop in playlists and Now Playing screen
– [Added] A more visible tray icon for systems which are not running Windows 10
– [Added] It is now possible to edit tags in Now Playing screen and Mini Player
– [Added] Added options to show a notification when pausing and resuming a song
– [Added] Added Last.fm scrobbling
– [Added] Added a ‘Love’ button which can send ‘Love’ and ‘Unlove’ requests to Last.fm
– [Added] Added lyrics support (automatic lyrics download, edit lyrics, and screen to display lyrics while playing)
– [Added] Added an option to modify how much the volume changes when scrolling with the mouse on the volume bar
– [Added] Collection refresh on startup is now optional
– [Added] Added an Artist information screen
– [Added] Added download of album covers from the Internet
– [Added] Added “Play with Dopamine” to the Windows folder context menu
– [Added] Added “Add to playlist > New playlist…” on the context menu of all screens
– [Added] Added download of cover art for albums
– [Changed] When enabling “Open the last selected page at startup”, the last selected Now Playing page is now also remembered.
– [Changed] Upgraded to the latest version of the CSCore Audio Library
– [Changed] Changed the album selection box, as it wasn’t visible enough.
– [Changed] The notification window now puts emphasis on the song title instead of the artist name
– [Changed] Sorting by album on the Songs screen now respects the track order inside an album
– [Changed] The “Columns…” button on Songs screen was moved to right-click menu
– [Changed] The playback controls pane is now narrower
– [Changed] Improved the quality of the cloud screen covers
– [Changed] Improved the “Follow song” description as it was confusing
– [Changed] “See you later” screen when closing is only displayed when there are background tasks remaining
– [Changed] Removed song covers from playlists. They were in fact albums covers and were confusing for users.
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese Traditional translation
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese Simplified translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] The comment field is now multiline
– [Changed] Moved the “Shuffle all” button to a more logical place
– [Fixed] Improved sorting on the Songs screen
– [Fixed] The same audio files are added multiple times to the collection in some cases
– [Fixed] Removed the blurry background when semantic zoom is visible. It made semantic zoom harder to read.
– [Fixed] The main window is still visible in the ALT-TAB menu when minimized or closed to the tray
– [Fixed] Multiple issues when switching audio devices
– [Fixed] Notifications cause closing of tray controls
– [Fixed] Opening a playlist causes a crash
– [Fixed] A lot of bugs in processing of metadata
– [Fixed] Unrating a song is now easier
– [Fixed] Refreshing of covers is more fluid
– [Fixed] Song covers are more accurate. Covers stored in or with the audio files have higher priority than album covers.
– [Fixed] Fixed now playing information not updated when metadata changes
– [Fixed] MusicBee ratings are not read from MP3’s
– [Fixed] “Follow the Windows color”, which was broken since version 1.1.
– [Fixed] A big memory leak
– [Fixed] Search field not always visible when coming back from Settings or Information pages
– [Fixed] Album art is not displayed on the background of the Now playing screen when double-clicking files from explorer
– [Fixed] The Manual equalizer preset is not translated when selected
– [Fixed] Chinese metadata is garbled
– [Fixed] Clicking a scrollbar plays the selected item
– [Fixed] Rating to MP3 files doesn’t work if the file is not in the collection
– [Fixed] Windows case insensitivity for files and folder names isn’t respected
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release: testers, developers, people who suggested great ideas and those who donated.
If you enjoy this program and you wish to show your appreciation, you can do so by donating.
Thanks and, let the Dopamine flow!
Edit: version 1.2 apparently had an issue where upgrading from a previous version fails. This was just fixed in a small release:
2016-12-24: Dopamine 1.2.1 Build 846 (Release)
– [Fixed] A bug where the installer fails to upgrade from a previous version
Download Dopamine 1.2 release