Today is release day! After months of development and quite a few preview versions, I’ve decided it was time to release version 1.3.
I’d like to thank all users, testers, developers who helped on GitHub, and last but not least, the people who donated. All you help is very much appreciated. One feature didn’t make it in this release: smart playlists. Sorry about that. That feature has been moved to version 1.4.
This release contains many improvements over version 1.2. This is the change log:
Playlist support was rewritten from scratch. Your existing playlists will not be migrated.
Save your playlists to files manually before upgrading to this version. Import your saved
playlists after upgrading to this version.
– [Added] Added a button to export album and song covers to files
– [Added] Added an option to switch between 4 styles of spectrum analyzers
– [Added] Smoother list animations
– [Added] Added extra album sorting option “By date created”
– [Added] Added optional play count, skip count and date last played column to the songs screen
– [Added] Added a context menu option to add the playing song to a playlist
– [Added] Left and right arrow keys allow jumping 5 or 15 seconds backward or forward (Information > help for hotkeys)
– [Added] Added an option to follow the album cover color
– [Added] Added support for local lyrics files (LRC)
– [Added] Added audio device selection
– [Added] Changes to the collection folders are now detected automatically
– [Added] Changes to the Music\Dopamine\Playlists folder are now detected automatically
– [Added] Added NeteaseLyrics support
– [Added] Added XiamiLyrics support
– [Added] Double clicking a playlist queues and plays the songs of that playlist
– [Added] The keyboard space bar now toggles play and pause
– [Changed] Lyrics are not downloaded anymore when the lyrics screen is not visible
– [Changed] When using “Loop one”, pressing Previous or Next now skips to the previous or next song.
– [Changed] Playlists support has been rewritten: playlists are now saved to files automatically.
– [Changed] The ‘Cloud’ screen was renamed to ‘Frequent’ and the layout was changed
– [Changed] The song title on playback info panes now scales to the available width
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the French translation
– [Changed] Updated the Turkish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Polish translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Updated the Russian translation
– [Fixed] Automatic install or download button for updates is confusing for some users
– [Fixed] Improved sizing of time indicator on the main window
– [Fixed] A potential crash when trying to figure out the Windows version at startup.
– [Fixed] Blurry context menu, notification window and tooltips at desktop scaling higher as 100%
– [Fixed] Timestamped lyrics for songs longer than 1 hour don’t work
– [Fixed] Audio files which reside on a NAS cannot be played from playlists
– [Fixed] Dopamine process remains active in Task Manager after a crash
– [Fixed] Tray controls are positioned outside of the screen when using desktop scaling > 100%
– [Fixed] Fixed an occasional crash which happened when automatically scrolling to the playing song
– [Fixed] Mini player windows are buggy in Windows 10 tablet mode
– [Fixed] A possible startup crash caused by the tray icon
– [Fixed] A conflict with the search box when changing the volume by pressing – or +
– [Fixed] Tray controls don’t respect the position of the Windows Taskbar.
– [Fixed] Added optional ‘Remove from disk’ option to the song context menu
– [Fixed] Date in the Song Information window is not localized
– [Fixed] WASAPI Exclusive mode plays high pitched sound
– [Fixed] Play next doesn’t work correctly when shuffle is enabled
As usual, you can download it here.
Enjoy! And don’t forget: if you like Dopamine and would like to show some appreciation or support further development: please donate.